Thursday 7 May 2015

Montreal, I've only been here one afternoon but...

I think this is where all the good looking people live? Seriously, all the girls are tall, size 10's or less and wearing the most stunning clothes. It seriously made me feel out of place wearing my jeans, runners, partially stained what t-shirt (from lunch, don't ask) and backpack. Ok, I was carrying the backpack because I had checked into the hostel yet, otherwise it would have been my lively Katmandu over the shoulder number... Bit still.
Feeling a little out of my league right now.
Montreal as a city however is very nice. I understand now what people mean when they say its 'Quebec's older sister'. Its a bit more difficult to walk around, as everything is so far apart. I clocked up 16,000 steps just this afternoon between 12 and 5... And I spent some of that sitting in a funky little cafe (see pics) in the old town.
Tomorrow I'm off to the Jean Talon Markets. I'm super excited and plan to spend the morning there. After that ill continue my food self-guided walking tour of the city... Here's hoping for 20,000 steps tomorrow!
So far the hostel staff seem friendly. Roommates seem to be interesting. The one in my room today didn't even introduce herself.. Until I asked anyway. Since then we have been sitting in silence for over an hour.. I'm reading a lovely Linwood Barclay I picked up at the Quebec hostel so its not been terrible. Its surprising how introverted people in hostels can be when they know they're sharing a room.
Onwards and upwards my friends
Amanda

Ps. Leaving you with some cute Montreal pics from the cafe and the old town :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see Montreal's girls, as we'll be there in September, though she who must be obeyed will no doubt keep me on a short leash. Must start practising my French, though. Au revoir.
    Allan H

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the men? Are they as good looking???
    Did you just say jeans and runners???? Oh gosh-we can no longer be sisters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you OK? Hopefully your silence means you're busy taking in the sights, or maybe you've increased your daily steps beyond the impressive number of a week or so ago and you're too tired to yet share some more. Hopefully your attentions haven't been captured by a French-speaking Adonis lookalike. Nah! I expect you've got your head buried in a good book when not sight-seeing Montreal's architecture etc.

    ReplyDelete