Wednesday 6 May 2015

Quebec City...

Hi all,
I've spent the last two and a bit days in Quebec City. Its been a really nice time to get back to normal after Cuba. The city is pretty amazing building wise and although my French isn't great I've been able to get along just fine (thank goodness).
I spent many an hour yesterday wondering around, with close to 14000 steps clocking up on my step counter. Not too shabby considering this city is quite hilly in some places!
I've managed to buy Kylie and I some awesome culinary delights... Hello white balsamic maple syrup pearls (I know right... What the?!?). Hopefully we can figure out how to use them.. Wacky dinner party anyone?
I've also managed to score tonight on my own in my four bed dorm room (unless I get some guests in the middle of the night). The kooky Japanese girl who I spent some time with left early this morning and the strange Canadian or American girl left, I guess, not long after. I say Canadian or American because I never got her name and she bearly said two words.. Apart from asking if I wanted to go to an Anthony Bourdain reviewed restaurant.. And while I was keen, my newly acquired Japanese friend couldn't afford it and I'd already agreed to dinner with her. Oh well, save the money for maple syrup pearls I say!
Apart from that I've spent a lazy day using as much free wifi as possible (I've watched heaps of TED podcasts and learnt some interesting things.. Which I oh so kindly shared with some of you as any good librarian is prone to do). I've also caught up on masterchef episodes 1 & 2.. Looks like an awesome season.. What can I say, I'm on holidays!
And, I've also pondered many a things today, such as is twice in two days too many times to go to a chocolate shop and order hot chocolate AND mini chocolates/cake? I decided on not and spent a second afternoon at Erico. Delicious!
Traveling on your own, and being a little over museums (not that I've seen any this trip lol!) means that I've walked some streets two or three times. It also got me to pondering how many times it was acceptable to walk past the same shop.. Here's hoping three isn't too many.
I'll leave you with a great building in Quebec City (your guess and Google's is as good as mine) and my delicious purchase from Erico yesterday.
A

Ps. Early start to Montreal tomorrow. Lucky I don't have roommates (yet anyway).

3 comments:

  1. That dessert looks ah-maze-ing!!! Yum! It kind of bets my Chocolate Hazelnut Tart.
    Can't wait to try the maple pearls. Wacky dinner parties all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll have to keep up the walking to balance out the rich food. Just keep away from amorous French-speaking males, especially any that land at your quarters in the dead of night. Either that or remember to say, non, with plenty of conviction! And I haven't studied French since 1955! Actually my 4 year-old bi-lingual grand-daughter, whose mother was born in Germany, helped as her favourite word is nein.
    Allan H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Maple pearls....crazy!!! You can never have enough chocolate woman. JC

    ReplyDelete